Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Judgmental Onlookers

Iago: “she will find the errors of her choice” (Shakespeare 1.3.347-348)
Rodney: “You always know these things. I don’t know  why I’m always so surprised at how smart you are” (Currie 131)
Algernon: “there is no use speculating on that subject” (Wilde 3)
Iago: (speaking to Lizzy, although she cannot hear him) “It is now high supper time... About it” (Shakespeare 4.3.241-242)
Rodney: “Really? Already?” (Currie 129)
Algernon: “That may be” (Wilde 41)
Rodney: “You know how bad I am with time” (Currie 131)
Algernon: “It is very foolish of you” (Wilde 6)
Rodney: “I’m not the smartest, but I’m also not as stupid as you think” (Currie 129)
Algernon: “I wish to goodness we had a few fools left” (Wilde 16)
Iago: “Have you forgot all place of sense and duty?” (Shakespeare 2.3.166)
Algernon: “It is awfully hard work doing nothing” (Wilde 17)
Iago: “Very nature will instruct her in it and compel her to some second choice” (Shakespeare 2.1.232-233)
Iago: “Though I may fear her will, recoiling to her better judgement” (Shakespeare 3.3.235-236)
Rodney: “I’m not saying that you’re wrong... but I don’t think that’s true at all” (Currie 128)
Algernon: “Literary criticism is not your forte” (Wilde 6)

2 comments:

  1. Lizzy, this is funny! I am also stressed about taking this exam, especially about the time limits on the essays. I especially relate to Rodney's quote, "You know how bad I am with time".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy, I like how you humorously connected the characters! I really struggled with trying to find relevant, coherent quotes for my dialogue, but yours flows really well! The witty banter is very funny and entertaining, especially the conversations between Iago and Rodney, and Algernon and Rodney, who are all such foils of each other. Good job!

    ReplyDelete