Thursday, May 12, 2011

I'll Make A Nerd Out Of You

Over the past two weeks, the Mulan song "I'll Make A Man Out of You" has fuel me. It has been my pump up song for the AP tests, filled with the idea of achievement and the benefits of hard work. I have singing it nonstop, gluing it into the heads of others as well. Therefore, I only saw it fit to create a spoof based on AP English class. Ms. Serensky is like Caption Shi Lang and us students are like the soldiers

Ms. Serensky:
Let's get down to business to defeat the test
Did they send me losers when I asked for the best
You're the saddest bunch I've ever met
But you bet before we're through
Clueless, I'll make a nerd out of you

Feeble on the outside
But you're full of sass
Once you find your thesis
You are sure to pass
You're a spineless pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow I'll make a nerd out of you
Student 1:
    I'm never gonna finish this
Student 2:
     Say good-bye to evening free-time
Student 3:
    Boy, was I a fool for scheduling in
Student 4:
     This woman's got'em scared to death
Student 5:
     Hope that I don't lose all me-time
Student 6:
     What if this class becomes the greatest ting?
Chorus -All students:
(Be a nerd)
We must write fast as an F1 racer
(Be a nerd)
And be as bright as the sun in June
(Be a nerd)
With all the smarts of a Greenlaw sister
Invincible as the Earth's pull on the moon
Serensky:
Time is racing toward us till the clock calls time
Heed my every tidbit and you might be fine
You're unsuited for the highest score
But don't pack up, you aren't through
I know I'll make a nerd out of you!
(repeat chorus)
(repeat chorus)

3 comments:

  1. Lizzy, this is awesome! I will definitely miss your amazing parodies. Your blogs always entertain and also are very intelligent. This may be my favorite parody you've done. Great work, and good luck next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy, this is great! Like Kelly said, I love all of your paradies. They are hilarious. You are so talented. Congrats on everything and good luck at OSU!

    ReplyDelete